- Why should I get tile & grout professionally cleaned?
Regular mopping only removes surface soil and not the embedded dirt that causes the grout to be unattractive. Professional cleaning restores the look of your tile and grout and extends its life.
- Is professional tile & grout cleaning expensive?
Professional tile and grout cleaning is just pennies compared to the cost of replacing tile. Call today to get an estimate from one of our professionals.
- How long does it take to get the tile & grout at my home professionally cleaned?
For a 300 square-foot area, cleaning generally takes 60 to 90 minutes. If you choose to have the grout sealed, we recommend waiting 24 hours after rinsing to apply sealer so the sealer will adhere properly. Grout sealing itself takes two to three hours. Time varies based on tile size, the amount of soil in the grout and room configuration.
- Will a professional tile & grout cleaning be disruptive to my family?
The team at ServiceMaster Clean will work with you to schedule a time convenient for you. Our technician will let you know of expected dry times that you need to be aware of.
- How often do I need to get my tile & grout professionally cleaned?
To keep the tile floors in your home looking their best, we recommend having them professionally cleaned every year, depending on traffic, pets, children and regular floor maintenance.
- When will I be able to walk on my floors after a tile & grout cleaning?
Stay off of freshly cleaned tile floors for at least 30 minutes. Avoid getting any liquid on the floor for 24 hours until the sealant cures completely if grout cleaning is included as part of the service.
After tile and grout is cleaned, you may notice a faint scent. The amount of time it takes for the odor to dissipate is usually within an hour but varies based on air circulation, heat and humidity.
- Do I need to do anything prior to the technician arriving for my scheduled service?
Simply pick up items on the floor, such as rugs, plants and trash cans, as well as sweep or vacuum the area to be cleaned.
- Are there instructions to follow after my tile & grout surfaces are cleaned?
Stay off freshly cleaned tile for at least 30 minutes, and avoid getting any liquid on the floor for 24 hours if sealant has been applied. Return furniture (with suggested use of felt pads) and rugs to floors after 24 hours.